Saladan Village is where you first arrive on Ko Lanta. There’s several notable resorts, restaurants, bars and cafes to explore
Once a sleepy fishing village, Saladan village has kept its traditional charm and become home to some great restaurants, cafes and bars. No visit to Ko Lanta is complete without a lazy lunch in one of the beautiful old wooden houses on stilts over the sea, several of which are now home to great places to eat.
There is a small beach at Saladan itself which, while not comparable to the iconic Ko Lanta beaches further along the coast, is still quite pretty and fun for walking and paddling.
Several resorts have opened up letting visitors enjoy the great views out over the sea and the convenience of Saladan village on their doorstep.
Saladan Village Hotels – Our Recommendations
Saladan Village Restaurants – Our Top Picks
- Kung Restaurant – Good Thai food, friendly hosts
- Moo Uan (The Fat Pig) – seafront dining with excellent food
- Nong Cat – hidden gem
- The Black Pearl – seafood restaurant above the sea
- The Frog Wine Cellar and Restaurant – garden setting
- Coco Restaurant & Bar – European and Thai food with seaviews
- Not A Toy – coffee shop
- MAHARAJA – Indian Food
- Catfish Bookshop and Restaurant – beautiful stilt house over the sea serving Western and Thai food
- Lanta Seafood – seafood over the sea
- L. Maladee Restaurant – excellent seafood
- Kaw Kwang Seafood Seafood Restaurant – amazing seaviews
- Rock Beach Bar – relaxing spot with great sea views